Friday, 26 October 2007

Riding Bike!!


Today Kayleb rode his bike, we have had about 4-6 practices since he got the bike in July 07 with me holding on to him while he's staring the bike. During the last couple of practices I have let him go as I felt he would be able to do it on his own, but I didn't tell him I let go!

Today as he was riding I let him go and told him that he was doing it on his own, (I even thought about running past him). He was quietly stoked and let me have a rest and then asked if we can do it again and I let him go!!

I was really wrapped for him as it's more a "confidence" thing then a skill factor, so I reckon another 2-3 more practices and we'll have it sussed!

He'll be riding on his own, doing skids on people's lawns, jumps, wheelers etc... or I hope he is :-)

We had fun today we even crashed and we both cracked up laughing!!

Awesome my boy, love you lots!!

Here's a couple of pics of the dinner we had (17th Sept 07) at home to celebrate the old man! Was a primo night thankyou so much my darling for thinking of me!!


******************************
My training!

Training is going awesome with Jessie, been training at Bishopdale a couple of times and loving the change of environment although I do feel a bit of an "outcast" being different and actually doing work :-)

Why have we created a culture were mediocrity is the "norm" and even worse this is an accepted culture?!

I'm starting to compare myself to the "norm" and for the first time ever realize that, yes I am unique in the training world. I look good, I train hard and I STRIVE for more then what I have!

This puts me in a small category of people who want to "achieve", I understand that this is my "field" so my "own self limitations" are less then in another "field", however I still believe that I would choose to achieve my own version of personal excellence!! Rather then have the mindset of turn up because it makes me feel good and "something is better then nothing"!!

It's all good these are the "thoughts" that I've been pondering over. End of the day, I'm loving back training and it helps having Jess because he is EGO free and looking to go beyond where he is today!!

*******************
Queenstown

Off to Queenstown next week for a couple of days which will be primo, I haven't been to probably the most expensive town in NZ since I was 16 (13yrs ago) so would be great to drive down and enjoy the beautiful scenery we have!!

Love to all!!

No comments: