Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Bulldogs Have Created History!!

Wow, what a weekend for sport!! The Warriors are in the top 8, the mighty Waikato mooloo boyz have take the Ranfurly shield and .......

Kaiapoi Bulldogs have created history by Winning the Pat Smith Trophy for the 1st time ever in the club history and this is done on the 50th Anniversary of the club!!!
This is Bambi, Couchy and Becks showing off the silver wear!!
What an awesome day it was too, CRL put on a great day with some freestyle moto X dudes that I heard were awesome!! The sun was beaming people were chanting, some of Kaiapoi junior grades doing the haka for us before we ran on!!

It would have to be one of the best highlights through out all the sporting things I've done!! Going to Aussie when I was in the NZ Under 16's rugby doesn't even compare to this, I mean their were over 3,000 people going crazy for us on the field!

And we won with playing 40mins of the game with 12men, 1 of our guys got sin binned in the first half another player got binned in the 2nd half then he got sent off with 25mins to go!! So that's 45mins with 12men on the field!!

What a feeling to be part of Canterbury & Kaiapoi rugby league history! I was wrapped with how I performed, don't get me wrong I was a little "scared" however once out their that all went away and I just tackled my a.s.s off!!
(That's me trying to get to the outside of the winger)

Thanks so much for all those that text me and said congrats, I feel so grateful to be part of a club that is about whanau (family)!! That is what the "difference" was in our team, once we put the jersey on we are Whanau!

To all those that have past on that have been part of making Kaiapoi Bulldogs, the victory is for you!!


To read the write up in the Christchurch press click here, now we have national competition in a couple of weeks!!

The next generation of Bulldogs doing the haka at the end of the game!

No comments: